This membership level gives you access to the Zine Library, Computer Lab, Printers, and Bookbinding Equipment (during bookbinding hours).
This membership gives you a basic membership access plus access and use of both the letterpress and screen-printing shops during open shop hours after completing intro workshop requirements.
Your story, your project, our shared studio space. Joining the IPRC community as a member will give you access to all of the resources you need to bring your ideas to life. Join as a Basic or Studio Member depending on your independent publishing needs. By becoming a member, you support the IPRC’s mission to provide affordable access to tools and resources for independent publishing.
As a Basic Member, you gain access to the main studio during open studio hours, and receive discounts on copies & workshops as well as free admission to IPRC events, readings and lectures. Basic Members are also entitled to take up to 3 Learn Make Share workshops.
The Learn Make Share series is a great way to come learn about the IPRC and membership benefits, get a tour, meet new people and learn a new skill!
Learn Make Share Series
All members can take up to three free Learn Make Share series workshops. Examples of workshops in this series include:
- Zines Drop-ins
- Bindfast Journals: learn about the Bindfast Bookbinding Service, and have a supervisor make a journal with the cover and interior of your choice.
- Envelope Making
- Button Making
- Pamphlet Stitch Bookmaking
- Stab Stitch Bookmaking
- Print pulls: learn more about screenprinting, letterpress and risograph printing, and make a print in the process
New members can drop in to Learn Make Share workshops, or reserve a spot by emailing Program Director at email@example.com.
As a Studio Member, you gain all of the benefits of Basic Membership (Access to the main studio, discounts on workshop & copies, free admission to IPRC events, readings and lectures, up to 3 Learn Make Share workshops) as well as access to the three print studios after the prerequisite intro workshops in letterpress, risograph printing or screenprinting.
Our facilities include:
- A Letterpress Studio featuring table top and flatbed presses, as well as more than 150 diverse fonts of lead type, 25 fonts of wood type, and many unique engravings and printer’s ornaments
- A Screen Printing studio where you can access basic screen printing supplies such as cleaners and silkscreen emulsion, screens and ink. We also provide an exposure unit, a light tight closet for exposing screens, a wash out booth, a drying rack for the screen studio, and a light table.
- A Risograph print studio featuring 3 GR3770s risograph printers and 13 color drums
- A BindFast Perfect Binding Service: Bring covers and interiors to have supervisors bind professional Perfect Bound books with custom or generic wrap around covers. The BindFast machine is able to produce up to 30 perfect-bound books. See our Bindfast page for more information about prepping your files for printing.
- A computer lab of Mac desktop computers with the Adobe Creative Suite, and large format scanners.
- Two copier machines for digital printing, or scanning.
- An assortment of supplies needed to hand bind books and finalize the production of books, zines or other publications, including saddle staplers, long arm staplers, corner rounders, paper scorers, 2 stack cutters, book mats, bone folders, exacto knives, awls and waxed thread.
- Other various supplies: button makers and button supplies, colored pencils, stamps, pens, and basic art supplies.
Membership has other perks too:
- 5% discount on used materials at SCRAP.
- Discounted copies and workshops.
- Access to members-only workshops.
- Fee free access to our facilities.
- Supports all our outreach efforts, which include teaching media literacy, critical thinking and zine making skills to at-risk youth.
Choose the membership type that best serves your needs.