2,000 people continue to access the IPRC space, resources, and programs each year, and in 2018, we had:
- Approximately 2,340 open hours in the studio, in which members worked on prints, zines, chapbooks, broadsides, flyers, buttons, websites, calendars, and ephemera.
- 300 students making zines in our outreach program. Our partnership with Creative Science School included six groups of 30 students.
- Our 9th & 10th years of the Certificate Program, and started a new track – the Art Book!
- 60 workshops, including ones in screen printing, risograph, letterpress, visual poetry and generative writing, InDesign and Illustrator, zine-making, perfect binding, stitch-binding, sticker and button-making, and paper marbling.
- 40 community nights, like Collage Night, Poetry Practice Space, Portland Correspondence Co-op, QTIPOC Draw Night, Radical Artists Reading Radical Artists, and Yoga for Artists & Writers.
- 30 readings that featured our friends from 1001, Burrow Press, Filament Reading Series, Octopus Press, Switch Reading Series, Submission, Two Plum Press, and more.
- 16 events including our heart-filling 20th Anniversary Reading at City Hall and 20x20x20 Print Show at Tillamook Station. We karaoked at Lagunitas Community Room, danced at the Fixin’ To, and doodled at Reverend Nat’s.
- 5 weeks of Youth Summer Camp for youth ages 6 to 18.
- Partnerships with with AIGA, APANO, Free Geek, Friends of Noise, Full Life, Liberation Literacy, Open Signal, PDX Pop Now, Portland Playhouse, Portland Zine Symposium, PSU Girl Power, Public Annex, and many other wonderful organizations.
We also welcomed new leadership, including Executive Director, Alley Pezanoski-Browne, in March, and our rad new board members Kawana Bullock Clayton, Stacey Daley, and Lauren Waude.
Thank you to everyone who was a part of this amazing year!