*Group Printmaking workshops are currently suspended through Summer 2021. For more information about individual instruction, reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
One-on-One Intro to Letterpress
4 hours minimum
Includes 1 month of IPRC Studio Membership
Option to book additional hours (rate: $60/hour) for additional instruction.
What to expect: In this introduction to the IPRC’s Letterpress Studio participants will learn about the basics of setting moveable type and printing on table top platen presses.We recommend allowing for 3-3.5 hours for this workshop.
Optional Elective: Participants have the opportunity to schedule an additional hour of instruction for an overview of the IPRC’s poster / proof presses, as well as printing methods including linoleum, polymer plates and pressure printing.
Completion of this intro workshop will give Studio Members access to use the IPRC’s Letterpress Studio by appointment. The workshop includes one month of Studio Membership, after which you can sign up for Studio Membership here. For questions about membership, you can reach out to our Membership Coordinator Emmy Eao at email@example.com.
What to bring: 1-3 lines of text for a postcard-sized print
For your health & safety:
- You must wear a mask in the studio (please be sure that the mask is well fitting and covers your nose)
- Please give us 24 hours notice if you need to cancel so your time slot can be used by another member
- If you are sick, please reschedule
- Please wait in your car and call the studio to be sure we are ready for your appointment, 503-827-0249
- We will ask you a few questions for contact tracing and some state mandated health-related questions
Intro to Letterpress: (weekend 2-day edition)
This introductory class covers the fundamentals of letterpress printing in IPRC’s friendly and affordable studio. The traditional craft is taught through demonstrations and hands-on experiences during an engaging two-day workshop. Students learn to set type by hand with IPRC’s collection of over 150 fonts of lead and wood type. Over the course of the weekend students will gain a basic understanding of the printing process and its powerful history. Materials are provided for students to create a small edition of prints. Successful completion of this 2 day class allows IPRC members access to open studio hours to keep on printing!
Completion of this course grants you access to the letterpress print shop to print during studio open hours.
2 Day Workshop – Saturday & Sunday 10 am – 2 pm – (4 hours each day, 8 total hours)
- Nonmembers: $250 / Includes 1 month trial IPRC Studio Membership
- Basic Members: $200 / Includes 1 month trial IPRC Studio Membership
- Studio Members: $150
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions, or for member discount codes.