The Crossing: The IPRC begins its move!
Dear IPRC Members and Friends,
There comes a time in everyone’s life when they need to make a crossing.
After thirteen years in our current location, the IPRC’s time has arrived.
We’ve long outgrown our current space, especially given the major increases in membership and programming over the past few years. In last year’s public poll, 70% of you indicated strong desire for the IPRC to relocate to a larger, more flexible space; 63% stated that they would spend more time at the IPRC if more space were available. Also, when given a choice between neighborhoods for the new IPRC, the highest amount of votes were cast for inner southeast.
Now, after an eight-month search process–spearheaded by IPRC Board Member MaryKay West (who is also a commercial real estate agent)–we’ve finally signed a lease on a much larger, more productive space for the Center.
At nearly 4000 square feet, this new space is almost four times the size of our current space.
Located at 1001 SE Division (just across the street from the newly-redeveloped Ford Building) the new IPRC space has the following amenities:
* 2500 square feet of open, ground-floor workspace with 15′ vaulted ceilings
* 330 square foot conference room (second floor)
* 900 square feet of ground-floor administrative offices
* Small loft space
* Fully accessible roof deck with views of downtown and the west hills
* double-wide work sink with a high pressure sprayer, which will allow us to create an IPRC screenprinting studio
* Roll up garage door
* Directly across the street from future Max line
* Directly off the #4 and #70 buslines, as well as several bike routes
* Great neighbors like Ford Food + Drink, Genies, Los Gorditos Burritos, Double Dragon, Acme bar and beer garden, Pinball Publishing, Free Geek, New Seasons Grocery and more.
Our tentative move in date is March 1st, 2012. We will be closed to the general public starting March 1st until the end of March (exact date TBA). Since the new space has a fully-finished conference room, our 2011-2012 Certificate Program will fortunately continue without interruption.
The larger space will provide much more open workspace for members and guests.Â We’ll also significantly increase the number of monthly Public Workshops.Â April and May workshops are already available for registration (click on the links to your right).
Thank you again for your support, and we look forward to making The Crossing with you all.
Stay creative and make good,
Justin Hocking, A.M. O’Malley and the entire IPRC crew